SUP Downwind - Hvide Sande
Develop your downwind skills with this clinic. Price: Member: 150,- kr. Non-member: 300,- kr. The clinic will focus on: how to read waves when downwinding and anticipate how they will break wave selection
Develop your downwind skills with this clinic.
Member: 150,- kr.
Non-member: 300,- kr.
The clinic will focus on:
- how to read waves when downwinding and anticipate how they will break
- wave selection for efficient downwinding
- catching waves when downwinding
- how to save your energy while catching the waves
- your body position on the board before and after catching the waves
- how to use your paddle for both paddling and keeping you balance while gliding with the waves
- safety when downwinding
- how to efficiently paddle upwind
- key points when planning a downwind trip
This clinic is not a beginners course.
Before you sign up make sure that you;
- are an intermediate or advanced paddler with experience from paddling in all kind of weather conditions
- can paddle for long durations at a time with small periods of high-intens paddling in between
- are able to pull yourself up on your board, gain balance and paddle forward in turbulent water
- are not afraid of paddling in open water several hundred meters from the coastline
- can swim in waves and windy conditions
You must bring your own SUP equipment;
- hardboard (race, touring or downwind)
- boots and gloves if needed
- warm clothes
- water and snacks
The clinic takes place on the beach so remember to dress accordingly to the weather and season.
The week before the clinic your instructor will send you an e-mail with some more specific information about where to meet up etc..
The clinic will be taught in English.
(Fredag) 15:00 - 19:00
Auktionsgde 9, 6960 Hvide Sande
Surf & SUP Danmark
Surf & SUP Danmark blev stiftet i 2001 og er specialforbund for sportsaktiviteterne surfing, stand up paddle (SUP), prone paddleboard og rafting.
Vi er medlem af
Surf & SUP Danmark
Brøndby Stadion 20
CVR: 34 77 93 33